Are you getting back into work and need a helping hand?
Maybe you’re thinking about setting up a group or business and want help on where to begin?
We can make sure you’re on track and that you’re making the most of what’s available.
Dorset Community Action supports people to develop their skills, whether to run a community group or project, become self- employed, or set up a community enterprise, through our range of training and enterprise coaching. Our experienced trainers and advisers will support you to get started, help you stay on track, and ensure that you’re making the most of the resources available to you.
People choose us because of our practical approach, deep knowledge of the VCSE sector and our communities, and real life experience of our coaches and trainers.
DCA offers people:
- Inspire Dorset support for people who are unemployed or economically inactive to test out and set up an enterprise, become self-employed, move into volunteering, further education, or secure work experience.
- DCA’s online Training Academy allows community groups, charities and social enterprises access to a range of live and pre-recorded, online charity management courses, ranging from funding, to trustee recruitment.
- Our monthly networking offers not only support from peers but also valuable access to resources.
- Beginners gardening courses (Level 1 Award in Horticulture) accredited by the National Open College Network.
- A range of community educational classes through our Wimborne Community Centre.