Inspire Dorset is an enterprise and employment support programme covering Dorset, Bournemouth, Poole and Christchurch; specializing in working with the most vulnerable and hard to reach. Supporting people who are unemployed or economically inactive to move towards and into sustainable employment, testing out and setting up an enterprise, moving into volunteering and work experience.
This is achieved through 1-2-1 person centred coaching and Team Challenges (group coaching) delivered in the participants community.
The BBO project has received £1,133,700 of funding from the National Lottery Community Fund and the European Social Fund as part of the 2014-2020 European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme in England. The Department for Work and Pensions is the Managing Authority for the England European Social Fund programme. Established by the European Union, the European Social Fund helps local areas stimulate their economic development by investing in projects which will support skills development, employment and job creation, social inclusion and local community regeneration. The project will run until June 2023.
For more information visit: https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding
Our Programme Targets
- 51 moving into education or training.
- 35 people moving from unemployment into employment including self-employment.
- 61 people moving from economically inactive into employment including self-employment or into job searching.
- 101 people testing and enterprise idea.
- 38 people starting an enterprise.
- Working with 466 participants across Dorset