Webinar – Fundraising in a Crisis
Webinar held on Wednesday 8th March 2020 – From 11.30am to 12.30pm.
Headline Topics in this Webinar
Advice from our DCA Community Advisor:
- How to continue to raise funds for your good cause when you are social distancing
- Online platforms & crowdfunding
- Keeping donations coming in
- Current funding opportunities
- Updated guidance from HMRC and interpretation/guidance from the Tax Faculty of the Institute of Chartered Accounts England and Wales (ICAEW) – issued on 4 April 2020
- How to access the grant
- Timing of claims for the grant
- Salary on which the claim is based
- Tax consequences of the grant to the employer and the employee
- Period of “furlough” & interaction with staff with multiple jobs
- Employee Rights
- Application of CJRS for Company Directors
Links to Fact Sheets:
Summary of Webinar
Information Sheet – CJRS Information from Total Tax Group
Information Sheet – What is crowdfunding?
Information Sheet – How do I make a Case for Support?
Information Sheet – Charity Excellence Resource Pack
Information Sheet – Creating Strategic Finance Projections
Information Sheet – Delivering a Fundraising Strategy
Information Sheet – Effective Grant Applications in the COVID-19 Crisis
**Our expert guest, Sophie White, is a Chartered Tax Adviser (a member of the Charted Institute of Taxation (CIOT)) and a member of the Tax Faculty of the Institute of Chartered Accounts England and Wales (ICAEW). The content is given as information, and therefore cannot be relied upon as “advice”. If any of the participants wish to seek further information from Total Tax Group, Sophie will be holding a 20 participant Zoom on Tuesday 14th at 10am, this can be accessed via DCA on Eventbrite. Should the event fill up quickly, there is the potential for another session at 2pm.