Vacancy – Volunteer Secretary
The new Charlton Marshall Village Hall opened in July 2019, built through the passion and hard work of the local community it serves and support from the National Lottery, the village hall is the heartbeat of the community. Although currently closed due to Covid 19 restrictions, it offers a hub for regular activity groups, monthly film nights, local events and business meetings.
If you are passionate about local committees thriving, and possess good IT, administrative and organisational skills then the secretary role could be for you.
- Preparing agendas in consultation with the chair, and circulating them and any papers in good time
- Making all the arrangements for meetings – at the present time during COVID-19 pandemic overseeing zoom conference facility
- Receiving agenda items from other trustees
- Checking that a quorum is present
- Keeping an up-to-date record of minutes of all board meetings and AGM’s, both digitally and paper
- Taking minutes and circulating draft minutes to all trustees
- Ensuring that the minutes are signed by the chair once they have been approved
- Keeping an up-to-date record of contact details of all trustees and circulating these to committee members as necessary
- Holding the master copy of CMVH’s policies and procedures and ensuring these are reviewed annually
- Circulating agendas and minutes of the annual general meeting and any special or extraordinary general meetings (where required)
- Sitting on recruitment and disciplinary panels as required
You will become part of a committed and passionate team, and benefit from knowing that you are giving back to the local community and supporting the sustainability of the village hub.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact for an information pack;
Telephone: 01258 456572 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for completed applications is 16th April 2021