Vacancy – Treasurer / Chair of Finance Committee
Want to make a difference to local communities in Dorset? We’re looking for a finance professional, with the right skills, experience and motivation, who’d love to give a little back to these communities by supporting one of Dorset’s leading charities.
- Be part of a dynamic and well-respected charity championing and supporting the voluntary sector in Dorset.
- Help Dorset Community Action become even more enterprising and market-driven whilst maintaining its core values.
- Use your business experience and professional skills in Finance to help us oversee the organisation’s finances and contribute to delivering our strategy.
- Potential to gain Trustee / Board experience in the charity sector.
Dorset Community Action (DCA) encourages and supports community organisations across Dorset to improve people’s lives, particularly those most disadvantaged. DCA is independent and has a strong management team and experienced Board of Trustees. Its core services include providing information, advice, training, networking and support services to community and voluntary organisations of all shapes and sizes.
The ideal candidate is likely to have:
- A strong understanding of financial accounting and reporting procedures.
- The ability to communicate financial information to those who may have little or no financial background.
- Some experience in strategic financial planning, which may include investment and business financing experience.
- Direct experience of the charity sector is helpful but not essential.
Whilst a commitment to attend monthly Finance and Operations Committee meetings, and Board meetings four times per year, is important, so too is a willingness to get to know, and provide guidance to the operational team.
In return, we can offer you the opportunity to work with a passionate and committed staff and Trustee team, who are supporting community organisations across Dorset to realise their aspirations.