Vacancy – Legal & Governance Trustee, Closes 01/01/21
Carer Support Wiltshire are seeking a Trustee with the knowledge and understanding to maintain an oversight on the charity’s governance activities at a strategic level.
About the Role
The high calibre Trustee will add capacity and expertise to a vibrant team of a local charity that supports all carers in Wiltshire. The aim of the organisation is to create carer friendly communities where carers are recognised, valued and supported. As a member of the Board of Trustees you will have the opportunity to make a real difference to carers lives through quality governance, development and monitoring of the organisation’s strategic goals and supporting the team and volunteers in the delivery of the services.
Trustees will need to demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for the vision, mission and values of the organisation and work well as part of a committed team.
The average time commitment of a Trustee is one day per month. This includes 5 full board meetings per year, and subcommittees, most of which meet quarterly. In the first couple of months, induction will require some additional time. All successful candidates are expected to sit on at least one relevant sub-committee.
As Trustee, you will have a connection to Wiltshire or Dorset and experience or expertise of issues faced by, and support needs of young carers.
You will have knowledge and understanding to maintain an oversight on the charity’s governance activities at a strategic level. You will be able to offer well-informed views, constructive challenge and a commitment to best practice in relation to legal matters and their application in the charity sector and:
- Support the organisation to assess areas of legal risk
- Work with the organisation to review and develop strategies in relation to legal compliance
- Provide training in relevant areas
- Provide guidance on contracts, service agreements and fundraising
Closing Date: 1st January 2021
You may have experience in areas such as Legal, Governance, Legal and Governance, Lawyer, Solicitor, Legal, Regulatory Framework, Trustee, Board, Board Member, Chair, Community Support, Family Support.
- Your current CV, setting out relevant experience (addressing the expertise area where relevant)
- A covering letter answering the following questions:
- What motivated you to apply to become a trustee?
- What other experience or skills do you feel you could offer?
- Are there any areas of the organisation’s work you have a particular interest in and/or would like to become more involved in?