North Dorset – Easy Steps To Make Social Media Work For You
Easy Steps to Make Social Media Work For You
“Whatever words we utter should be chosen with care for people will hear them and be influenced by them for good or ill”. Buddha
This course will help you understand what social media is and what the most popular platforms on the internet are. You will find out what are the key benefits of Social Media. Learn social media etiquette, essential for getting your message out there for people to respond positively to you rather than antagonising them. The course will ensure your activities are clearly related to the purpose of your organisation and the need / problem you exist to address. Having a social media strategy in place will help you communicate clearly to others about your organisations purpose and what you do and ensure everyone within your organisation is clear about what your organisation does.
“The thing that we are trying to do at facebook, is just help people connect and communicate more efficiently.” Mark Zuckerberg
Course aims to:
- To develop the skills and knowledge necessary to publicise your organisation’s success via social media
- Develop an understanding of and value the benefits of social media – it is worth the investment of time
- Provide tools and resources to support the development of your organisations social media strategy
- Sign-post for further information and support
Benefits of attending:
- Hints and practical tips from DCA Advisors experienced in social media,
- Practical exercises to support the learning process
- Insight from other organisations experiences
- Time to begin working on a social media strategy
Our “Easy Step” courses are underpinned by common sense principles to help your organisation succeed. Each “Easy Step” short course is broken down into clear steps supported by exercises, worksheets, examples and experience to help you understand each step before moving onto the next.
Who this course is for:
- You work in a voluntary and community organisation, charity or social enterprise and need to deliver successful projects, attract funding and support and raise awareness but lack knowledge, experience or confidence to do so
- You are a charity trustee or manager and are legally required to ensure your organisation remains solvent and delivers public benefit but you have no formal training or lack of knowledge and experience
- You have responsibility for project development and management and wish to understand more about how it can best work
- You are looking to motivate and support others in your organisation.
When and Where:
Date: Wednesday 4th December 2019, 9.45am registration for 10am start – 12 noon finish
Venue: Stourpaine Village Hall
Cost: £30pp for members of DCA, £40pp for non members of DCA
Refreshments will be provided.
For further information contact Dorset Community Action on 01202 847605 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the DCA Training Course and Event Booking Terms & Conditions Policy prior to booking places for any events.
Dorset Community Action will use the information you provide on the booking form to keep in touch with you and to inform you of similar events we provide in order to fulfil our duties as a Rural Community Council. If you would like us to stop providing this service please email email@example.com. We will always treat your information with respect and will never pass on your information to other organisations without your permission. For more information about our privacy practices please visit www.dorsetcommunityaction.org.uk/privacy-policy . Thank you.