DCA – Free – Safeguarding for Village Halls & Community Bldgs Trng
- Event aims
- This workshop focuses on promoting good safeguarding practice to village and community halls throughout Dorset. Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. As a charity or if you work with vulnerable adults and/or children, you must have safeguarding policies and procedures in place.
- This interactive workshop is designed to help you feel confident that you fully understand your safeguarding responsibilities. Advice and examples of best practice will be shared throughout the session helping you to ensure you have the appropriate and proportionate policies and procedures in place.
- At the end of this session you will have the knowledge and confidence to provide a safe environment for all.
- Who should attend?
- This training is designed for representatives of village halls and community centres to attend. It will help those using and managing buildings to have the knowledge and confidence to provide a safe environment for all.
- By the end of the session you will understand:
- • the importance of safeguarding
- • your legal duty around safeguarding
- • the different types of abuse and harm and how to identify them
- • how to manage safeguarding risks
- • the safeguarding policies and procedures you need to have in place
- • Covid-19 safeguarding practices
- Cost? This event is free
- Where? Zoom via Eventbrite
- When? Wednesday 25th August 2021, 10.00am – 12.30pm (please log on by 9.45am for a prompt start)
Further information:- please contact us on 01202 847605 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read the DCA Training Course and Event Booking Terms & Conditions Policy prior to booking places for any events.
Dorset Community Action will use the information you provide on the booking form to keep in touch with you, to update you on the services we provide and inform you about relevant VCSE sector news in Dorset. You can change your mind at any time by contacting email@example.com. We will treat your information with respect. For more information about our privacy practices please visit www.dorsetcommunityaction.org.uk/privacy-policy . Thank you.